Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Last Ride of the Year...

This morning's ride was dubbed the last ride of the year. It was the Mandai route and the fellowship of the ride as coined by BFG had recommenced after a few weeks hiatus when BFG was in Adelaide for a Sabbatical. Weather was excellent and there were 5 of us. I had just changed the batteries on my bike and cleats and given the dreadful weather the whole week, I was grateful as was the others to have a chance to ride. It was a good ride, just like what we were used to. Apologies JN who had lost some cycle legs after a period off the bike. By Mandai avenue, I had worked out a good sweat and had some difficulty keeping up with PK when BFG came zooming past me as we were making the short climb after the executive Golf course. Just like old times again i thought to myself. We were overtaken by 2 groups of cyclists who went silently past. We then went up RRR. PK and I were determined to exorcise our demons and pedalled up with enthusiasm. After our last attempt as a group up where the both of us gave up and set at the start waiting for the rest of the gang to finish their workout, were determined to go all the way there. Was a good workout. PK exorcise more than a demon, he was a speed demon himself zooming down the hill at probably more than 50 km whooshing past me at ST kinetics.

45 km 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment